For the business guy
For the tech guy
There are many stories online but I think this one below (source) explains it nicely.
- There is a programming language called Java.
- There is an interpreter for the programming language Java that is sort of built in to most web browsers, or was.
- THESE TWO PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES HAVE ALMOST NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER
Fortunately, it turned out that Brendan was a cool genius and he secretly designed a cool programming language and dressed it up in some vaguely Java-looking disguises, kind of like how children will sometimes wear a huge cloak and stand on top of one another in order to get into R-rated films.
- Used in every website you visit online.. like 99.9999% of them.
- At the core of famous server-side Node.js, an evented I/O framework.
- It is the most important language today!